Friday, May 27, 2011

Twilight Dissing


Twilight. How much do I abhor this word. Come in front of me, I dare you, I can talk hours, hours about it, if you don’t believe ask all my friends especially to all the twilight lovers in our school. I am nightmare to their kind. I haunt each and everyone of them to their sleep till they ultimately agree twilight is rubbish, terrible, revolting, disgusting, trash, vulgar, junk, ghastly, hideous, atrocious, appalling, loathsome, beastly, obnoxious, dreadful, horrible, vile and most definitely THE WORST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ.

Twilight:

“Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.” – Goodreads


My Opinion:

As you can see it’s the first time I’ve used someone else’s synopsis of a novel. Can you see the reason why? I wrote the synopsis at least 3-4 times before copying it out straight from Goodreads. Each time I wrote I couldn’t help but writing negative points about it. The only thoughts that kept reappearing seemed inappropriate to jot it down on my blog. So all of you who keep asking me why I hate it so much here are the reasons:

Dissing About Twilight:

  1. Bella Swan: *You’re a soulless git, You moron!* I’d love to meet you someday, oh how much fun will we have! Ha, it’ll be the death of you I swear! In serious mode now: Bell Swan, perfect name, yes. Ordinary girl, no problems with parents and agrees to everything that they do without complaining. All in all she has no personality other then being annoying, irritating and exaggerating her sighs, crying and swooning obsessively over Edward’s hotness. She has no goals apparently and she cant see her future and life without Edward. What is happening to this generation! This is not the 18th century in which women have to be so reliable in men. How can someone be so dependent on a boy? How can someone even change themselves, sacrifice there family and friends never to see them ever again for some pathetically shiny vampire? Ugh, the thought sickens me, I’ve never read a protagonist so selfish. She uses Jacob as a substitute when Edward goes away. When he comes back she marries him leaves Jacob heart broken! There are heights of selfishness Bella Swan. I just wish to say, I HATE YOU!

  1. Edward Cullen: To all the Twigirls out there, would you really like to have an obnoxious stalker watching you while you sleep? Seriously its unhealthy and in a way really discussing. Sheesh! Edward is so possessive about her it must creep you out, if it doesn’t you should truly visit the doctor sometimes. He follows her around 24/7, because he think that if he doesn’t she’ll get hurt. Oh wow Edward your such a savior! Another thing about him is that he has mood swings through out the day, how can someone like him! He’s just so irritably immature for a 109 year old!

  1. Love or Lust?:   Bella: You’re beautiful!
                                      Edward: Oh, Your beautiful too!
                                      Bella: No you’re so good, so shiny your perfectly handsome
                                      Edward: No I think you’re good too.

This is what twilight is about. Think about it, is it love. Why do they love each other? Edwards loves her smell (ugh. GROSS.) and Bella loves his hotness. If Edward truly had ever loved her, he would’ve stayed away from her. And most importantly if Bella hadn’t been an idiot things would have been different. They didn’t even know each other how can they suddenly not live without each other? Gosh these two are brainless.

  1.  Plot: Come to think of it, what is the plot? Is it Bella describing Edwards physical appearance in ever two pages. I think that’s right. That is the plot. Seriously speaking, was the romance between them the plot? No that’s unlikely but that’s what 400 and something pages were written about wasn’t it? And the rest 30 were about her fainting? There was no story. The End.      
  1. Planning: Stephanie Meyer is the most brilliant planner I have ever seen. She’s a genius. I am not joking. In fact how can she make millions of girls swoon over the twilight books? What made me like them when I first read it? Two years ago I discovered the answers after re-reading the entire saga. Bella and Edward have no personality as such which make them stand out. There both plain and dull as ever. Now imagine a teenage girl reading twilight, she’ll put herself in the position of Bella and puts in all her personality into Bella’s character. So now Bella is half dull her and half this very die-hard twilight fan. When Edward comes in , the twilight fan puts her, mixes of all her crushes together and form a super human being who is all in all perfect and has all the traits she wants. Then and there she puts all that personality in Edward. Did you get it? How can you even relate to her! You have to take this seriously because this is what is happening to you right now. Meyer’s a goddamn physiologist!  And its high time you get over it.
Stephanie Meyer

  1. Writing: How well you write! Ooh I want to write like Stephanie Meyer some day! My foot! She cant write. She cannot! When will you people get that. At times, I prefer garbage over her dialogues! How can someone describe a vampires voice as velvet! I am sick of Stephanie Meyer and her Edwards velvety voices! The most ridiculous things of all was that he sparkles. Why Meyer why!? Why do you keep making a fool of yourself? People, the world of books don’t start and end with Stephanie Meyer! If you want to look for young adult novels there are millions of them out there waiting to be read. Books like twilight should be banned from existence.

  1. The New Harry Potter- WTH! How dare you! Twilight will never be the new Harry Potter, because Stephanie Meyer cant write how can you even compare her to JK Rowling? Anyway if you had a mind these are two different genres we are speaking of.  I don’t even like putting Harry Potter and Stephanie Meyer in the same sentence what sort of Harry Potter fan am I?

I don’t see where dissing about twilight will get me. But I sincerely hope it will keep you away from reading this atrocious novel. It could have been built better with talented hands, a bit of imagination which does not include the word sparkle and obviously not the clichéd over used plot.

15 comments:

  1. Twilight sucks!

    Tou forgot to mention: you used to be a fan and you still have all the books and you have seen all the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. This is absolutely PERFECT.
    "Dear Stephenie Meyer,
    You cannot write. Please do not print more copies of you shitty books. You will save papers and, Therefore, Trees.
    So if you read this and listen to us. you will be doing us all a favor."
    Sanskriti: This is your Best Yet.
    Those who even think of comparing Twilight to Harry Potter should go "Cliff diving" with Kristen Stuart and DROWN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cambodgebist I did say "What made me like them when I first read it?" I do admit that that freely anyway the movies are worth watching, cause they contain THE BEST actors ever!lol!
    @aaryamasomayaji Thank you, wow your becoming an environmentalist :)I agree Kristin Stuart BETTER drown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh?! All this SUCKS not TWILIGHT....huh?!
    der r -ive nd +ive points f everything.....dats our vision how do we see them....u myt b a negative thinker jus dats y u have had all the -ve points on Twilight..
    And u knw wt Bella and Edward are perfect....der ws no lust if der ws dey wud hav gone far in the physical thing....bt dey dint...huh?! jus hate dis...u myt hav never fell in luv wid sm1 dats y u didnt feel d muvi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shona Sorry for hurting your sentimental feelings. First of all, thank you for calling me a negative thinker, its a first :)Besides that I know how you feel, I've been through that phase, you might believe it or not I brought the entire series for RS.1500 from my own pocket money. I wasn't what you call a mature reader back then and I believed all the stuff you are saying right now.
    I've analysed this book a million times from several different perspectives. Read it once twice and then seven times from all the characters point of view as well as the authors. You'll understand my point someday. There are better authors out there. Try reading Anna and the French Kiss, Sarah Dessen novels if your looking for good romance.
    And your right I'll never enjoy the movie. Thats true.
    PS: "Bella and Edward are perfect"- thats the point. Just breath and think for a second. How can anyone be that perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you brought this series, i was dead against it and it used to annoy me when you read it. After reading your blog I think it was your right to read it and made a very sensible analysis. Your growing like a mature and sensible girl.
    -Meenu Bist

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't know what to song i say. this is because everything i'll say, everyone will attack on me. however, since india is a free country, here's what I have to say..ahem-
    I agree twilight will NEVER take hp's place. NEVER. we don't have to even compare. but, it is good in it's place. though, i admit after reading your blog, i have come across a totally different opinion of twilight that i had, but, somehow, i do not HATE it. it is fun to read it. and, yes, thanks to you, i am no more a fan as big as i was earlier(like you, like aarya, like meetu), but still it's kinda okay. i don't like this..the feeling of not liking it., but i can't help it! guess, you should be happy. Because you have diverted my thought about twilight a bit. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @vidhiSharma Thank You! Finally after 2 years, you have understood a BIT of what not to like about twilight. Vidhi, dont worry you'll completely hate it in a few months. Please be sure to make Shreya read this. My life;s goal will be accomplished if she becomes like you if only a bit. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. huh no comments dnt wnt 2 argue on a true fact....cz truth will olways b d truth...TWILIGHT ROXX.!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, dear shona no anti comments on twilight because every one is mature enough to know THE TRUTH. Sorry to be rude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hav now read this blog 2 times . last year i hated it but now i agree with u in most of the points . it took me 6 times to understand that the books r not that amazing . believe me i wasted 2 and a half years in swooning over and luving that book series although i hav never been in team edward I STILL AGREE WID U . the story does hav a plot but mostly it gets overshadowed by bella's constant narration about edwards socalled hotness . and i can definately kick bella's ass for hurting jacob the way she did. but it still isnt the worst book i hav ever read . but i simply adore ur writing style .
    this is aditi upadhyay fron ur old school qms

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much xD I'm glad that you agree with my opinion! Thanks for the compliments!
    Miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOAHHHH!!! :) SKRITI YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! I can't debate anymore... :P you're TOOOOOOO smart

    ReplyDelete

I totally Love getting your comments and I try to reply to every single one of them, so you can always come back and see I have replied back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...